Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's Officially Summertime!

I can't believe it's summer again--finally! We have been waiting for one of our pools to open with the new additions of a giant waterslide and a splash park. I've always been a lake person and not much of a pool person. Until my little man learned to swim underwater and got his good fins and goggles. Now the only time I see him is when he comes up for air!

I'm working on a few projects for publication, the most fun being the paper mache' piggy bank, a new circle quilt pattern for "No Math Quilts," and a few special small gifts for dear friends.

This is a momento ornament made for a dear and generous friend who invited us to Steamboat Springs, CO for his 50th birthday celebration. Inside the clear ball is the invitation cut in strips, along with a few other paper items I picked up on the trip. You can't see it in this photo angle, but there is a monogram "M" underneath the "2012" charm.

No comments: