Monday, September 7, 2009

Spiderweb Blocks


Cheryl Willis said...

Susan, to make paragraphs just double space to break up your writing.

the block is usualy paper pieced from triangles. I have seen several pretty neat quilts and hope to do my own someday.

some call it a spider web. The background (star) can start at a sq cut in half twice on the diagionals. Then string both sides leaving the middle the original fabric.

Assemple the 4 triangles back into the block. Looks harder than it really is. (you can make any size center you like- I think the pattern has been around a long time.

If you did a solid on each end of the triangle it would make an interesting wedge block.- cheryl

Quilter Kathy said...

I have heard it called spiderweb and it was foundation pieced on triangles.

Suz said...

It IS the spiderweb quilt! And I even went to Quiltville and looked at almost every single listing of patterns. I saw the star when I needed to see the spiderweb!

Thanks for helping me solve this mystery!